Re: POLL: make C-x o transient

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: POLL: make C-x o transient
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 21:34:26 +0100

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> IMO it is would be much better to map the existing repeat command to a
> single keystroke, it would make any command repeatable without
> changing anything else, and it already handles universal arguments.  I
> think C-= would be the best key for this

FWIW, one of the reasons Zhiwei gave for his initial "C-x o o o…"
proposal was:

> 2. Reduce the probability of RSI

I'm assuming this would stem from having to hit Control less often.

Not that we couldn't have both a repeatable C-x o *and* bind C-= to
repeat; I merely want to point out that C-x o C-= wouldn't fully satisfy
the OP's requirements.