Re: master 2c74924: * etc/MACHINES: Document that we support AArch64 wit

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: master 2c74924: * etc/MACHINES: Document that we support AArch64 with macOS.
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 23:56:47 +0000

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 05:06:44PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Officially, yes, but some people apparently manage to run 10.6 on
> > powerPC. I don't know if we really need to specify that, though, given
> > that it's almost certainly a tiny subset of a tiny subset of people
> > running macOS, and they can't reasonably be expecting official support
> > for their project.
>
> Interesting.  Makes me wonder, tho: why would Emacs not work on such
> a system?  I understand that with the old unexec there was a good chance
> that it wouldn't work without explicit work on our part, but the "p" of
> "pdump" should avoid those problems ;-)

Yeah, I was thinking that. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't
work with the exception of some NS specific image format code (PBM or
something?) where I think we recently switched from big-endian to
little-endian. But given it took us years to notice that was broken, I
can't see it causing any problems. :)

--
Alan Third