Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 19:47:41 +0100

Kévin Le Gouguec <kevin.legouguec@gmail.com> writes:

> Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:
>
>> I suppose this should have been discussed previously, unless I don't
>> find the thread...
>
> See bug#46151.
>
> IIUC the initial request was to have a way to revert shell output
> buffers; somewhere along the way the usefulness of a global binding for
> revert-buffer was brought up, various options were discussed, a decision
> was taken, and here we are.

The title of that bug report is "Set revert-buffer-function in shell
command output buffers", no hint about discussing global keybindings.

So the effective policy is that either one reads each and every message
in emacs-bugs (which probably requires too much time even for some of
the most active emacs developers and would be a waste of time for the
most part) or be left excluded from such debates.