Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 10:20:32 +0000

Or... if it could offer to to keep the undo info, even if it's over the current general limit, that would be even nicer, perhaps?

I don't have strong feelings about this. Perhaps offering to keep the undo info after the command has been executed would be nicer indeed. But not executing the command before a confirmation is perhaps less risky.

I was thinking about asking before doing anything, if that's practically possible, but I haven't looked at the code.

I misunderstood what you said indeed. I think asking before doing anything would be okay, but I guess in that case it would be necessary to introduce an "undo-outer-outer-limit" at, say, 250 MB, above which it would not be possible to keep the undo info.