Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 12:26:34 +0000

I misunderstood what you said indeed. I think asking before doing anything would be okay, but I guess in that case it would be necessary to introduce an "undo-outer-outer-limit" at, say, 250 MB, above which it would not be possible to keep the undo info.

Ideally, we could ask "this action will take <foo> MB; really do it?", and we won't need any new variable.

But like I said, I don't know how feasible this is to ask before the doing the action.

In fact that option already exists (almost): undo-ask-before-discard. It would make sense to set its default value to t instead of nil. I said "almost" because it asks after executing the command, not before. But at least it asks...