Re: [feature/native-comp] breakage on build

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [feature/native-comp] breakage on build
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 21:24:38 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> So, I have the right dependencies installed on my build machine, but
>> haven't packaged them up correctly.
>
> The DLLs should be on PATH.  It is not enough to have them in the same
> directory as the executable.

This is not correct. In fact, the application's directory is the first
place where the dll is searched, unless the application explicitly
changes the search strategy.

>> > Is as.exe on PATH?  If not, where is it?
>>
>> Not in my package at the moment.
>
> I suggest to put as.exe on PATH.

This would be problematic. In general, applications that put things on
PATH (or modify PATH in general) are frowned upon by many power users,
for good reasons.