Re: Concern about new binding.

From: jao
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 07:51:22 +0000

On Fri, Feb 05 2021, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Given that C-/ is undo, i would find it easier to remember C-x / as
>> revert-buffer ("undo everything", if you look at it sideways :))
>> than any other proposed alternative.
>
> It's a convenient keystroke on US keyboards, but on other national
> keyboards, / is hidden away in inconvenient places like S-7, and
> `C-x S-7' is pretty awkward to type.

I see.  That's a good point.  Not that it matters much, but my second
vote was going to be for `C-x g g' (although there's the Magit
situation, funny how 3rd party libraries get a free pass using "free"
slots ;)) or `C-x G' (because i tend to use shifted letters for
"destructive" commands--i imagine the shift as an exclamation mark (g!),
call me a schemer).

jao
--
May my silences become more accurate.