Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 13:09:40 -0700

Hello,

On Sat 06 Feb 2021 at 09:58PM +02, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>
>> Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 12:32:36 -0700
>> Cc: Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>
>> I'm sorry for more bikeshedding, but may I suggest using C-x c instead
>> of C-x x?
>>
>> I just spent some time trying to repeatedly type C-x x followed by some
>> letter and I found that I kept typing C-x C-x by mistake.
>
> What will happen if you by mistake type "C-x C-c"?

Well, it's about equally as annoying, as you'll get a "Really exit
Emacs" message.

In my case this doesn't tend to happen as by the time I've moved my
fingers from being ready to type 'x' to being ready to type 'c', my
other hand has released the control key.

Just sharing my experience -- not sure whether it will apply to others.

--
Sean Whitton