Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 21:37:28 +0100

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> I'm sorry for more bikeshedding, but may I suggest using C-x c instead
> of C-x x?
>
> I just spent some time trying to repeatedly type C-x x followed by some
> letter and I found that I kept typing C-x C-x by mistake.  Perhaps
> others will have the same tendency.
>
> It also has the mnemonic that C-c C-something typically act
> on the current buffer, and we're talking about current buffer commands.

After trying it a bit, `C-x c' is indeed a bit easier to type than
`C-x x', but as Eli says, it's a bit more dangerous...  At least
`C-x C-x' is a harmless command.

But speaking of `C-c' -- I just tried `C-c C-h' (to get a list of
bindings under `C-c'), and all I got was:

Global Bindings Starting With C-c:
key             binding

And nothing more.  Same for `C-c C-x C-h'.  And it's this way in Emacs
25.1, too...