Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 20:44:59 +0000

But speaking of `C-c' -- I just tried `C-c C-h' (to get a list of bindings under `C-c'), and all I got was:

Global Bindings Starting With C-c:
key             binding

And nothing more. Same for `C-c C-x C-h'. And it's this way in Emacs 25.1, too...

C-c is a restricted key, C-c LETTER is for users, C-c C-LETTER is for major modes, C-c SYMBOL is for minor modes. By definition none of these can go in the (default) global-map. If you type C-c C-h in a buffer visiting a C file you'll see some bindings, but still no global bindings.