Re: Cleaning out old X11 toolkits?

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: Cleaning out old X11 toolkits?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 12:47:48 +0100

>   . look at GNU/Linux distros and see if they still provide builds
>     with any of these toolkits,

Data point from Gentoo: We support all of GTK 3, Motif, Lucid/Athena
(with or without Xaw3d), X without any toolkit, and Emacs without X.
Bug reports received during the last year indicate that at least
Lucid/Athena is still in use.

We no longer support GTK 2 at this point. Also no Aqua/Cocoa because
(quoting our main developer for the Mac OS port) "Clang compilers are
sufficiently difficult to build at this point".

>     and what was the last version of Emacs when they did

We support all above-mentioned for the latest released version (27.1),
and we have live ebuilds for master and emacs-27 branches.