Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 13:09:27 +0000

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 12:54:50PM +0000, Alan Third wrote:
> In case it's not clear what's going on, I've attached a screenshot of
> Emacs on macOS with my patch installed (left), and on PGTK with
> GDK_SCALE=2 and without my patch (right). Both displaying the same SVG
> file.

Sorry Lars, I'm losing track of this conversation. You asked about
whether it only affects SVGs.

The patch fixes the issue with SVG files being rendered at the logical
DPI.

But I've added code to shrink raster images as on macOS (and PGTK)
they are also displayed at the logical size. This is probably less of
a problem than with SVGs as often you can't really tell, but I'm of
the opinion that if I open an image in an image viewer (I'm
considering image-mode as an image viewer) I'd expect it to be the
physical size. Perhaps this is wrong and most people expect the
logical size.

--
Alan Third