Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:14:32 +0000

That's what I thought until today, but indeed I may be wrong. Could you please explain how it is possible to use the super modifier in a console?

Without any reconfigs, "C-x @ s x" for s-x (see the event-apply-FOO-modifier functions).

That's not "using the super modifier", that's "a trick to fake the use of the super modifier".

On GNU/Linux systems you can rebind Super_L/R to a Fn key or some other such thing, and use it that way. I think you can check the loadkys and dumpkeys commands.

Of course, everything is possible with tricks that most users don't know and will never know. What is important is that it doesn't work out of the box. Emacs does not assume users have a super modifier, third-party libraries can't assume that either.