Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 12:11:46 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> I'm not sure what you mean?  What's a fait accompli here?
>
> The filtering.  It's on master.

It's the default value of a defcustom.  I don't see what's so faited
about that accompli?  It can be changed trivially at any time.

>> This thread was not about M-x until you made it be about M-x.  The
>> default filtering in M-x was discussed in a different thread.
>
> I apologize for confusing threads, but it should have been clear that
> everything I say in the "wrong" thread was directly related to the
> discussions in the "right" thread.

It was perhaps not strategically sound to introduce a thread about a new
subject (a new command) while discussing M-x somewhere else.  I'll add a
disclaimer about not talking about M-x when discussing this new command,
then.