Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 16:44:39 +0100

>> Jonas (CC'd) proposed Transient for inclusion to GNU ELPA 10 months
>> ago[1]; afair the thread got derailed because of namespacing issues?

This time around the timing is very good. This week I have been working
on getting Transient ready for another release and was already planning
to publish that to GNU Elpa today. And then I saw this thread, while
drinking my morning tea. :D

> For some reason, Jonas hasn't considered it "ready enough" to make a
> *release*, yet.  Maybe Jonas can remind me/us what are the missing
> elements.

I probably was worried about the heisenbug, that I have not been able
to track down until earlier this week.

Also I didn't want to publish until I was able to building the package
locally before publishing it on GNU Elpa.  Now that you have rewritten
the GNU Elpa tooling that works well (thanks again), so that no longer
is a blocker.  (We still have to look into making org-contrib and my
ox-texinfo+ available while building packages, but that can wait.)

So if everything goes according to plan, I will release later today,
or maybe on the weekend.

     Jonas