Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 22:16:54 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
> Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 14:04:51 -0600
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > If the order is not the aspect you wanted us to consider, then which
> > aspects are?  I admit that I didn't give a thought to any other
> > aspects yet.
>
> Well, it is roughly, but only very roughly here, based on an idea to put
> more important things higher up.  (The thing that makes it "rough" is
> that I didn't think through carefully the exact ordering that makes
> sense.)  This goes for both the sections and the commands themselves.

So it _is_ about the order.  But then I think we should discuss the
underlying principles, and then order the commands accordingly.

The rationale for the order in the manual was to show the discovery
commands first, and the commands for focused help later.

> I think it would be useful also to get feedback on introducing titled
> sections, and the overall visual appearance (including coloring the
> keybindings).

If the aggregation is meaningful, I think having sections should be a
no-brainer.