Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 01:18:51 +0100

I made it, but just barely: https://emacsair.me/2021/02/21/transient-0.3/.

> What are your thoughts about the discussion of including it in Emacs?
> I think having it built-in would be a huge benefit.

I am excited at the prospect of having some core packages use Transient.
But also a bit scared.  In the short run we should keep it in elpa.git.

Some bad interaction with the minibuffer have to be fixed (currently
they are just disallowed, to prevent disaster) before adding to Emacs.
I would prefer the "bundled elpa package" approach over adding the
package to emacs.git itself, but don't know if that feature is already
usable.