Re: Question about pgtk -- is it meant to fix the disconnect crash bug?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Question about pgtk -- is it meant to fix the disconnect crash bug?
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 15:44:39 +0100

    Sean> Hello Yuuki,
    Sean> Thank you for your work on pgtk; I am trying it out on Wayland for the
    Sean> first time today.  I noticed that an Emacs daemon started from a tty
    Sean> crashes when the Wayland compositor exits.  I had thought that one of
    Sean> the benefits of the pgtk branch was that it would not have this bug,
    Sean> which plagues the old Emacs GTK builds.  Am I just making that up?

Unfortunately that issue still exists. Similarly, pgtk emacs crashes
when displaying over a forwarded Wayland connection when the
underlying ssh connection dies.

Someone™ needs to fix this on the GTK side. Previous attempts to get
it fixed have not been met with a great deal of enthusiasm by the GTK
folks (Iʼm expressing myself politely, unlike them).

Robert