Re: books packs (was: Re: The Emacs World (was: Re: how can I convert th

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: books packs (was: Re: The Emacs World (was: Re: how can I convert the To field to CC))
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 09:40:54 +0200

> Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 08:44:19 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
>
> * Emanuel Berg via "Emacs development discussions. <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> [2021-03-02 07:13]:
> > Speaking even more of books,
> >
> >   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/#isbn
> >
> > and in particular, the two complete packs
> >
> >   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/isbn-verify.el
> >   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/issn-verify.el
>
> I suggest that you read the GPLv3 by doing C-h C-c the section "How to
> Apply These Terms to Your New Programs" and add the proper copyright
> notice in accordance with licensing terms of GPL version 3. It is for
> your protection and for other people to know what rights they are
> getting. [...]

I'm sorry, but why did you post this lecture on GPL and licensing
here?  What does it have to do with Emacs development?  The OP
cross-posted here and on help-gnu-emacs, which is already a mistake on
his part, but the response should have been posted only to
help-gnu-emacs, if at all.

These redundant and superfluous postings keep raising the noise level
on this list, and that is a bad thing, because important messages
about Emacs development get lost in the noise.  Please consider this
adverse effect next time when you think you need to say something on
this list.  If the message is not important enough, it is many times
better not to post it.

Thanks in advance.