Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 14:16:14 -0400

   > I think there was less negative feedback about C-o than about removing
   > M-o M-s and friends.  Yet that was removed, and not even moved to
   > another binding -- indeed, rather calls for keeping at least some where
   > promptly ignored.

   Don't worry, they are not ignored, but it is not possible to do everything
   in one go.

So is the plan to readd keybindings center-FOO?  What about C-o --
that seems to be hitting the trash can, for whatever reason.  Some of
these bindings (C-o for example) have existed for 40 years in Emacs
(M-o M-s was once upon a time on M-s).

There was alot of thought put into it back then, and the intent was to
make it easy to write code and text.  That was the main intent of
Emacs, and main design decisions in the bindings.  These "freeing up
keybindings" initiatives make it harder for people to use Emacs, not
easier.