Etags support for the Mercury programming language [continued]

From: fabrice nicol
Subject: Etags support for the Mercury programming language [continued]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 08:42:56 +0100

As a follow-up to my message of March 22, I would appreciate to get some feedback on the attached patch implementing Mercury support for 'etags' before considering a formal submission.

You will note an unconventional move.  I was daring enough to add two options to 'etags' (-m and -M) to implement some kind of backward compatibility with Prolog etags support (based on tagging definitions, -M) while allowing a simpler, more idiomatic approach that focuses on tagging  Mercury declarations only (-m).  Backward compatibility is legitimate and quite useful, but having it on board all the time may be cumbersome for some use cases.   Hence the 'behavioral' options I added.

Fabrice Nicol