Re: Suggested experimental test

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 12:13:17 +0100

[pruned CC a bit]

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:37:59PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> On March 24, 2021 10:51:14 AM GMT+02:00, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > Agreed. There is a lot of ungood karma around in this thread, which
> > is a pity.
>
> "A lot"?  Aren't we exaggerating a bit?  This thread amassed more than 150
> messages; how many of them can be qualified as "ungood karma"?

Eli, sometimes you make me confused. I genuinely don't know
if you are ironic here or not. In case you're not: I didn't
mean "a lot" in some quantitative sense; I admit the expression
is somewhat unfortunate.

It's more the intensity of bad feelings on (mostly) both
sides, the "oldtimers" on the one fearing someone's out to
eat their lunch, the "newcomers" on the other, pushing their
new, shiny idea and frustrated that "progress is impossible"
at every (often well-founded!) pushback... well, we see that
time and again.

Now, I think it's OK to have strong feelings about one's
main and favourite tool, but perhaps we could try to develop
some genuine understanding [1] for each other's pain points
and just be a bit... nicer to each other.

Cheers
[1] Just trying to police one's tone doesn't quite work,
   since hurt feelings tend to escape in a very weird
   passive-aggressive way :-/

 - tomás