Removal of facemenu preload - Text Properties menu

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Removal of facemenu preload - Text Properties menu
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:27:49 +0000

Apologies for not (much) following the threads
about facemenu.  I think I gathered that facemenu
will no longer be preloaded - is that right?

If so, I guess it will be a loss for the Edit menu,
submenu Text Properties, in particular.  Was that
discussed/considered?

It's one thing to not keep the `M-o' behavior by
default.  It's another thing to remove or bridle
the Text Properties menu.  I'm guessing that's a
main way that users can discover its features.

If this was already discussed and considered, then
sorry for the noise.  If not, maybe it could be
considered (belatedly)?