Re: admin/make-manuals

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: admin/make-manuals
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 18:52:06 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:40:10 -0400
>
> It completes for me in 90 seconds, but I use makeinfo 4.13.
> I imagine that you are using a newer version of makeinfo,

Of course.  Otherwise the Info manuals come out funny (don't pay
attention to UTF-8 etc.).  I had to upgrade.

> and that some of the details of the output have changed, and that
> manual-html-fix-* needs updating.
> (It was updated year ago for Texinfo 5.)

So I guess as long as this isn't fixed, we won't be able to update the
manuals on the Web site reliably?  Fixes will be very welcome, TIA.

P.S. Why do we even try to "fix" the HTML that comes out of Texinfo?