Re: Sv: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Sv: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to GNU ELPA?]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 17:25:36 +0300

I just tried

  (benchmark-run 1 (url-retrieve-synchronously
                    "https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-27.2.tar.xz";))

in Emacs, and compared that with download by wget.  On my relatively
slow home connection I get almost the same times, down to less than
2%.  On fencepost.gnu.org, which AFAIU is on the same LAN as
ftp.gnu.org, Emacs got that in 2.3 sec while wget took 1.7 sec.  Is
this what is considered "slow"?