Re: UDP: Send and receive on same port?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: UDP: Send and receive on same port?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 17:23:51 +0200

    Mario> Replying to self
    Mario> Nevermind, it works by creating a datagram server first, and then
using
    Mario> set-process-datagram-address to set the destination.  The server
process
    Mario> can now be used to send UDP as well.  However, I am seeing lost
incoming
    Mario> packets.  According to tcpdump, the reply is clearly there, but the
    Mario> process filter only seems to pick it up 1 out of roughly 4 times.
    Mario> Weird.

Hmm, I have a patch somewhere to allow setting the sending port
directly, Iʼll see if I can find it and resurrect it.

Having said that, this sounds like it might be a bug (although I
haven't checked if the emacs code supports sending from a datagram
server like this). Could you open a bug with M-x report-emacs-bug with
your emacs version, and sample code?

Robert