Re: Getting magic numbers 134217734 etc in a repetable keymap

From: Ramesh Nedunchezian
Subject: Re: Getting magic numbers 134217734 etc in a repetable keymap
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 20:44:35 +0530

On 03/04/21 6:44 pm, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Ramesh Nedunchezian <rameshnedunchezian@outlook.com>
>> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 17:28:12 +0530
>>
>>> Display the "magic" numbers in hex, and I think you will see the way
>>> clearly.
>>
>> I am dumb.  I unable to take your hint.  Can I have a full
>> recipe.
>
> Maybe I don't understand what kind of recipe you are looking for.
>
> I thought you were asking how to synthesize those "magic numbers"
> given the key description such as "C-M-f".  That is what I tried to
> explain: if you display the number 134217734 in hex you will see
> #x8000006, which is C-f (ASCII 6) with the Meta bit ORed.
>
>> Getting the magic value of C-M-f is not an issue.
>>
>> But, getting the magic number _verbatim_ in to the _repeat-map__ is
>> the issue.  Note the emphasis on words "verbatim" and "repeat-map".
>
> I'm dumb, I don't think I see the difference.
>
>> i.e., I want a recipe which will create this keymap
>>
>>   '(keymap
>>        (134217734 . forward-sexp)
>>        ;; (102 . forward-sexp)
>>        )
>>
>> instead of the
>>
>>   (keymap
>>    (27 keymap
>>        (6 . forward-sexp)))

I am hoping that someone will help me.

I am NOT asking how to create a keymap.  Not at all.

People who have responded to me--thanks, for your time--have
overlooked the fact that I am trying to exercise the all new
`repeat-mode' feature.  I am having some issues with making a keymap
that would be acceptable to `repeat-mode-hook'.