Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 19:53:42 +0200

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>

> In the spirit of exerimentation I'd second what Stefan suggested,
>
> Step 1: Create a selection oriented equivalent of completing-read

To clarify, this already exists with Helm, Ivy, etc. I'm working on a
framework that is primarily centred around selection.

> 2. See how that works out --

Yes, and this will probably take a few attempts to get right too. I hope
there will be interest to discuss different approaches on this list.

> 3. Then, compare it with completing-read -- and see if we can derive a
>    master composite function that handles both use-cases well.

This might be possible, but I'm sceptical.

--
        Philip K.