Re: [External] : Re: Improvement proposals for `completing-read'

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Improvement proposals for `completing-read'
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 22:03:15 +0300

On 08.04.2021 21:48, Drew Adams wrote:
There can be_lots_  of info that's part of a full
candidate which we do_not_  expose in the UI, so
users don't necessarily see a difference in
*Completions*.

If the users can't make a conscious choice between two completions based on info available to them, such completions shouldn't both be present in the completion results at the same time.

We can nevertheless make any such info visible in
other ways, e.g. on demand.

Any such attributes can be accounted for the duplicates-removing logic.

If they aren't visible in *Completions* by default, that doesn't seem like great UX, though.