Re: Syntax sugar question

From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev
Subject: Re: Syntax sugar question
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:42:00 +0300

Be aware that you can do (foo-mode -1) to disable foo-mode, so the current behavior already has some complexity.

Syntactically if we start allowing parameter passage during the mode command, why stop at 1? Why not allow arbitrary number of params? I think the current design is fine as it is forcing every mode to work out of box. If people would start passing params, there would eventually be modes that would only work if you have a legit parameter declaration.