Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 17:52:46 -0400

> IIUC, a variable "completing-read-show-matches-on-no-input" that would be
> setq-local'd by Xref and read by completion UI's would do the job.  Or am
> I missing something?

Yes, something like that, tho I think it'd be more like "show matches
eagerly" or maybe "use selection UI" ;-)

Also, rather than a new var, I'd prefer using something like the "extra
properties" (`completion-extra-properties`) since these already have a
matching mechanism for the `completion-at-point` case.

        Stefan