Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:32:43 -0400

>> I get the*Completions*  buffer if I press '?', or do you mean something else?
> My mistake, never got used to a "normal" character in this binding.
> I invoke *Completions* with TAB TAB, which is obviously taken if cycling
> is used.

Oh, now I understand what you meant: it's not a problem because I was
suggesting to add an option that would cause the default completion to
bring up *Completions* eagerly without the user having to hit anything
like TAB.

But the default completion UI should be improved w.r.t the *Completions*
buffer, in that I think the buffer should be automatically refreshed
when it's displayed, and also when you cycle it would make a lot of
sense to highlight the choice that it selected somehow.

        Stefan