Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:50:45 -0400

>> The difference being that this is not generated when the package is
>> installed, but suddenly appears in a buffer.
>
> This shouldn't be a problem once we flip
> `comp-async-report-warnings-errors' to nil by default.  AFAIK, the plan
> is to do that in time for Emacs 28.  As others have explained, we keep
> it set to t for now as it indicates real problems.

The warnings mentioned in this thread are those we normally see when we
byte-compile the file, which should be a separate step from the async
compilation to native code, so AFAICT showing those warnings during
native compilation is not very useful (what would be useful would be
warnings/info specific to async/native compilation).

        Stefan