Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master

From: wilde
Subject: Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 11:25:52 +0200

Andrea Corallo via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org> wrote:
> Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> writes:
>> Andrea Corallo via "Emacs development discussions."
>> <emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Right thanks for the hint, bfaa6df492 should do the job; Sascha please
>>> have a try.
>>
>> The above seems to be talking about NetBSD, but bfaa6df492 adds
>> "freebsd" to configure.ac.  Is that expected?
>
> No it's not, 686259e65a should do better, thanks for catching!

I can confirm, that the branch now builds without manual changes to the
Makefile on NetBSD.  Thanks!

As side note: it seems you reverted the change for freebsd, my
understanding is that the libc of all *BSD is rather similar in this
respect, therefor I'd expect the change to be needed for freebsd as
well.  :)

cheers
sascha