Re: Represent NTP's origin time

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Represent NTP's origin time
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 10:23:15 -0400

> I replied (or so I thought) "in kind". A better reply would have
> been: Emacs supports 32 bit platforms. Unless ending 32 bit
> support is in the near-future, it'd be a good idea to think about
> how to support a wider (possibly 64 bit) time_t even on a 32 bit
> Emacs.

AFAIK this should mostly "just happen" for those 32bit systems that have
a 64bit time_t.

BTW, the funny part of this discussion is that the problem has existed
"for ever".  It just so happens that there is now a bunch of
"easy" OS-level solutions.  The magical 2208988800 constant is the
"standard solution" that I was looking for (I knew it had to exist
because it had not OS-level solution for at least 30 years).

        Stefan