Re: Represent NTP's origin time

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Represent NTP's origin time
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 16:55:14 +0200

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:
> I replied (or so I thought) "in kind". A better reply would have
> been: Emacs supports 32 bit platforms. Unless ending 32 bit
> support is in the near-future, it'd be a good idea to think about
> how to support a wider (possibly 64 bit) time_t even on a 32 bit
> Emacs.

The support for 64bit time_t on 32bit platforms is quite old by now
actually, but it hasn't seen as much uptake as initially envisioned for
whatever reasons.  So in effect those platforms have announced their EOL
and you should move off them.

> The *BSDs and Linux (beyond kernel 5.6ish) do support 64 bit time_t
> in their 32 bit variants: perhaps this is an orientation.

I have no 32bit system left that can run a modern enough Linux kernel
and doesn't also support 64bit, so once I update those will not be 32bit
anymore.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: