Re: What is restore_window_configuration in read_minibuf (minibuf.c) for

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: What is restore_window_configuration in read_minibuf (minibuf.c) for?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 17:20:48 +0200

On 4/19/21 4:56 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
The impression I get is that the restore_window_configuration is a user
facility, and we can't just remove it, much though I'd like to.

FWIW I am using this feature in one of my packages (https://github.com/minad/consult/). I expect the window configuration to be restored when the minibuffer session is left. One of my commands previews buffers when selecting them during completing-read. However packages which do something like this can also be adjusted accordingly to save and restore the configuration manually if the decision is made to change this behavior.

Daniel Mendler