Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New packag

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 12:50:00 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Ideally yes, but is it possible to have a menu that can be both selected
>> and expanded?
>
> I don't think I understand what you mean by "expanded" here.  There
> are submenus, if that's what you meant.

The current model I am using assumes that selecting-read is passed a
list of objects, and each object can have sub-objects (children).

Every object has it's representation calculated and is displayed in the
popup buffer. Any objects can be selected, even those with children.

Most GUI menu interfaces I am familiar with do not allow selecting a
menu that has children, but only "leaf nodes". If selecting-read should
both have a buffer interface as well as a GUI interface, the abstraction
should be restricted so that it fits both paradigms.

--
        Philip K.