Re: Profiling native-compilation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Profiling native-compilation
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 13:52:59 +0300

> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 13:48:43 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> > Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 08:57:55 +0000
> >
> > BTW to get an idea, I know is not defined but very roughly how much time
> > do we have before the 28 release branch is cut?  To get a feeling of how
> > much and what we can hope to fit into.
>
> Hard to say, but I think at least a year, including the pretest phase.

Sorry, I missed the part about cutting the release branch.  That would
be sooner, perhaps 8 months from now?  But it also depends on what
other features we will want to include.  For example, if we decide to
include the pgtk branch, it could take more (I have no clear idea how
ready that branch is for landing, and I have the impression that the
branch is not tested by enough people, nowhere near the native-comp
branch).