Re: Files in build-aux

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Files in build-aux
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 13:34:50 -0700

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> On Mai 03 2021, Alan Third wrote:
>
>> It looks like it may require a run of autogen.sh to generate the
>> changes.
>
> Since Emacs does not use automake, nothing should be touching these
> files.

I want to say that I saw those files after playing with native
compilation, with the:

./configure --with-native-compilation

call. Normally I don't use "configure" at all. I've attempted a couple
times over the past few weeks to build with native compilation (Arch's
libgccjit was broken for a bit), and that might explain why I've seen
this more than once. I'm now unable to reproduce the problem, starting
with "make distclean" and then the configure invocation from above.

Maybe this is a red herring, I don't know.

Eric