Re: src/nsterm.m: fix window tabbing on macOS

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: src/nsterm.m: fix window tabbing on macOS
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 12:21:50 +0100

On Sat, May 08, 2021 at 07:26:41PM +1000, Paul W. Rankin via Emacs development
discussions. wrote:
> src/nsterm.m: use NSWindowTabbingModeAutomatic to respect user choice.
> Tabbed window managers are now widely available for free systems.

For the record the tabbing being enabled here is not Emacs's own
tabbing, it's a macOS method of combining multiple OS windows into
one. Emacs's tabbing has still to be implemented on the NS port (I've
no interest as I think tabbed windows are an abomination that should
be burnt on sight, but would happily let someone else implement it).

Paul, is this still the absolute disaster it was when it first
appeared where some random Emacs frames would get combined but not
others, not to mention the crashes? Also there was no "user choice" as
I recall, it just happened without any warning or input from the user,
at random.

Is it actually stable and usable now?
--
Alan Third