Re: dmp file does not get program-prefix?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: dmp file does not get program-prefix?
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 09:06:04 +0300

> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
> Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 14:22:48 -0700
>
> I compiled and installed emacs with native compilation support, using
> program-prefix=native-
>
> But the .dmp file does not use the prefix  best I can tell, so later
> building emacs without native compilation support, and no program
> prefix still produces this error when that emacs is run:
>
> emacs: could not load dump file
> "/usr/local/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/emacs.pdmp": not built
> for this Emacs executable

This is currently not supported directly.  You can rename the .pdmp
file by hand to have the same base name as the Emacs executable, and
then it should work, provided you also rename the other *.pdmp files
so that none of them is called "emacs.pdmp" literally.  Alternatively,
you can use a shell script or a shell alias with loads a specific
.pdmp file usingh the --dump-file=FILE command-line option.