Re: emacsclient in elisp

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: emacsclient in elisp
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 10:42:49 +0200

On 5/20/21 12:43 AM, chad wrote:
> Are you perhaps trying to build emacs-async?
>   https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-async

Of course I am aware of emacs-async. If I understood correctly, it does
not provide the functionality I am looking for. For every future a new
Emacs process is started. In contrast, I want to start a separate Emacs
process and then communicate with it while it is running.

Extending the emacsclient protocol is possible and quite easy. One can
use process-send-string in the backend Emacs process to send data to the
frontend Emacs process.

See here for my current experiment:

affe.el - Asynchronous Fuzzy Finder for Emacs
https://github.com/minad/affe

Daniel