Re: Using Dismal V1.5 after updates

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Using Dismal V1.5 after updates
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 18:19:05 -0400

> 1 I believe Dismal V1.5 is missing a key file for running dismal.

It would be helpful to give concrete reasons why you think so (rather
than just because of something you read): what have you tried and what
failed to happen (and what happened instead)?

> 2 Once I got the defaults loaded, I also am running into issues during
> testing (dis-test-dismal). It
>  initially runs, however, the test fails when trying to insert a simple math
> equation into a cell:
>
>  dis-edit-cell-plain((+ 2 3))
>
>  While running the test, the process fails with the message:
> "dismal-set-cell-internals: Symbol’s
>  value as variable is void: index".

Thanks I'm going to look into that (and the backtrace was very welcome).
Probably something I missed when I converted the code to lexical scoping.

        Stefan