Re: bug#48548: 28.0.50; Some process attributes on macOS are missing

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: bug#48548: 28.0.50; Some process attributes on macOS are missing
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 15:30:38 +0300

On 21/05/2021 13:27 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm>
>> Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 12:50:50 +0300
>> Cc: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>
>> Pinging wasn't my intent, I just wanted to ask for review on
>> emacs-devel..
>
> Cross-posting on both bug-gnu-emacs and emacs-devel is generally not a
> good idea, so please try not to do that in the future.  The people who
> are likely to review your patch are reading the bug list anyway.

Yes, I know that crossposting is not generally appreciated, but in this
case it's a bit different: I'm not posting the same message, rather I'm
creating a bug as a container for patch (I wanted to try debbugs
package, although I failed to do it properly, and the tagging message
went without patch - now I see where I was wrong, I didn't select the
commit _range_ with debbugs-gnu-pick-commits, but rather just a commit),
and the review request as an actual message.

What is best to do such things in the future?  Just post a bug with tag
"patch", or just directly post patch to emacs-devel?  I don't want to
cause inconvenience, sorry for this time.

Filipp