Re: [External] : Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occu

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occur function
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 10:46:15 +0200

Great, thanks! This is very useful. I had written some code already, that also lets you select all manuals in a topic,
but that did not yet refresh the "Info-apropos-node" file when selecting a new set of manuals.

So I will probably soon propose some additions to your package here. But this already covers my main use case, i.e.
searching the emacs and elisp manuals at once.

On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 22:47, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
> > - as far as I know info-apropos can only scan ALL manuals, which can
> >   take very long time to finish. (8.3 minutes !!! on my Spacemacs
> >   configuration

> Perhaps we could extend info-apropos with optional features that would
> make it equivalent to what you wrote?  For example, there could be an
> option to tell info-apropos which manuals to scan.

+1.  FWIW, this exists in `info+.el':

___

 Info-apropos-manuals is a variable defined in `info+.el'.

 Its value is all

 Documentation:
 Manuals for `info-apropos' to search.
 The default value is the symbol `all', which means search all known
 manuals (Info files) on your system.

 Any other value is a list of manual names (strings), and it means
 search only those manuals.

 Manual names are the Info "file" names you see in parens before the
 current node name, in Info, for example, `emacs' and `elisp'.

 You can customize this variable.
___

The code is here:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/info%2b.el