Re: Cycling first N heading levels in outline

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Cycling first N heading levels in outline
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 12:27:00 -0400

> I have looked at how functions are folded.  But if you call elisp code (which
> always involves using parentheses) they also get to be interpreted as
> headings.
> Can this be fixed please, so that only elisp structure constructs are
> interpreted
> as headlines [e.g. "(defun" "(defvar"].

This is not a bug but a feature.  If you want to group several ELisp
code entries together, you can wrap them in a `progn` (or something
else like Setup's `setup` macro, or `use-package`, ...).

In ELisp packages (as opposed to user config files), there pretty much
shouldn't be any function calls at top-level, since loading such a file
should have virtually no user-visible effect.

        Stefan