Re: Native Compilation And External Packages

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Native Compilation And External Packages
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 21:47:22 +0300

> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 11:36:55 -0700
>

> I'm attaching the output of a native build below that demonstrates:
>
> 1. There are no warnings during build
>    2. Contrary to what I infered  from  Eli's message, doing a native
>       build does not appear to generate any .elc files.

I'm sorry, it is hard for me to understand what you are trying to
accomplish.  You post a lot of information, but it isn't clear which
part(s) of that are relevant.  So maybe I misunderstood and confused
you.

Anyway, if you want to actually _produce_ the *.elc files, invoke
batch-byte-compile as well.  You could also try
batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap, then the *.eln files end up
not in eln-cache.

Andrea, what are your recommendations for a project's Makefiles for
building *.eln files?