Re: How to measure frame rate in fps?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How to measure frame rate in fps?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:35:09 +0300

On 06.06.2021 21:10, Stefan Monnier wrote:
So if there is some caching of the toolbar contents, I don't see why it
wouldn't work. I'm also not sure how rendering it can take 10-15 extra
milliseconds, but for all I know this could be normal.

Maybe we could get a better picture of what's going on by comparing
profiles with and without toolbar.

That's what I have been comparing.

I can try and produce the corresponding pref recordings. Will that really help? Do I post them raw?

But I suspect that the various between profiles is large enough without
any configuration changes that we'd need to compare like 10 profiles
with toolbar against 10 profiles without toolbar before we can start to
(maybe) see a pattern emerge.

My current reproduction scenario itself is fairly heavy, so it's no surprise if the functions are not at the top of the list.