Re: cc-mode fontification feels random

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: cc-mode fontification feels random
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:39:35 +0000

Hi. Daniel. Hi. Guys.
    >> Then I suggest to set it to 2 by default.

    Daniel> Performance is reasonable most of the time. If it weren't, we'd see
rampant
    Daniel> complaints. Emacs should default to maximum fontification. If it
doesn't, most users
    Daniel> won't even know they can get more.

On my SBC-opiplus2e I have it set to nil. And It is very slow. But I am
aware that people using slow devices are not the majority. That's one of
the reasons I sometimes fire up emacs23 (the speed of light emacs).

GC and timers should also add some weight to the slowness. Take in
account also that on phones these slowness means battery-life. Again not
all people have emacs on their phones.

Best Regards